Insure My Pocket has now been selling mobile insurance for more than 10 years in the United Kingdom and boasts more than 1,000,000 customers. Like other insurance sellers in the mobile market such as Cheaper Gadget, Insurance2go and Switched On they use Citymain as their administrators for claims. Insure My Pocket takes a different approach to mobile phone insurance.
They take the view that insurance should be simple and have 3 levels of insurance. There is the bottom Silver then the Gold and then the Platinum insurance coverage. The lower cost mainly does not protect against theft but against damage where as the high end Platinum insurance insures your mobile phone against theft.
Insure My Pocket is owned by A1 Comms which is a mobile phone retailer with 15 years in the British market. Buying insurance is easy as well as cancelling the service. The underwriters is Amtrust International Underwriters Limited.
Always take proper advice and check the details of the policy. Some insurance companies will not insure an old phone and many will not always replace a damaged phone without having a go at repairing the phone.
What do they insure?
- MP3 Players & iPods,
- DVD Players & Games Consoles,
- Mobile Phones & Smart Phones including iPhones,
- PDAs, Laptops including Macbooks,
- Tablets including iPads, Bluetooth Headsets,
- E-Readers, In-Car Computers & Head/ Ear Phones.
What do they cover?
- Theft (depends on package)
- Accidental Damage
- Water Damage
- Fire Damage
- Overseas cover (30 days a year)
- Accessory cover (£150 of accessories)
- Equipment insured covered for use by you & your immediate family (over 18 years old)